We are beginning our Astronomy Unit by taking a look at the night sky over the next week. We'll be describing how the sky looks on different nights of the week (the shape of the moon, where it is in the sky, stars, clouds, etc.) and drawing what we see in our "Star Light, Star Bright Journal". We are also going to do some "planet research" to find out a little more about our Universe! We'll keep you posted!
P.S. Thanks to everyone who posted comments on our very first blog posting! I look forward to blogging with you all again soon!
15 comments:
I'm happy we finally get to do astronomy. It's kinda cool that we're doing that star thing.
I havent done the night sky yet but still the sky is awesome!!!!!
The clouds are always puffy
and the stars are always bright
hey i can make a poem out of that
Avery/nonnans class
I think that astronomy is COOL!!!!!!!!!!! Last year I did research on Jupiter.
Mrs.Noonan,
I amso excited to fill in our journels for the star light star bright activity!!!! Bye!
Caitlin
Hello Miss Noonan,
I see the night sky in the Canary Islands almost every night! I have a account on Slooh so I see the night sky on my computer screen. I'll write more soon.
Pink scorpion
I think that it's cool we're going to learn about the sky and planets!
that sounds like a fun unit! have a good time!
Mrs.Noonan,
I am so happy we are doing Planet projects in school, also I am happy I got Venus!
Katherine
Mrs.Noonan,
I am so happy we are doing Planet projects in school, also I am happy I got Venus!
Katherine
I cant wait to fill in my journal tonight! I really want to write about the sky!
Tonight I looked up at the skies and it was fun. I didn't see much though. :(
Tonight,Sunday March 30th I looked at the sky and it was very dark and windy!!!!
From,
Caitlin
i think that "star light star bright" is a cool project!
Great job Mrs. Noonan. Connor's enjoying staying up a little later to check out the night sky. Too bad is was cloudy last night! (Connor's mom and dad)
Dear Mrs. Noonan,
I remember when I was in your class in 2007-2008, and we studied astronomy. The star project where we had to look up into the night sky was fun. I also remember all the other science projects we did, like the one where we took turns dropping paper clips into a cup filled with water, and we learned that the water level could rise a tiny bit above the edge of the cup. I am now in fifth grade and have a sister ( Grace Cunningham) in Mrs. DePascale's class that switches over to your class for science.
Post a Comment