Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Animal Research Has Begun!!!!!!!!!!!

The third grade is now in animal research mode! The animals have been selected and the kids have begun learning fun and interesting facts. Our research will end with our visit to the Bronx Zoo to see the animals up close and personal!

In Language Arts, we are practicing gathering facts and researching information about honeybees. Here are some fascinating facts we've learned so far. Did you know that bees have been around for millions of years? Did you know that only females honeybees have stingers? Did you know that honeybees have 5 eyes? You'll learn more about this cool insects when you read the fact booklet we are working on in class!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i picked the polar bear for my research and i am going to have a blast writing about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing a report on a rattlesnake and on spring break I got to hold a real one!!!


pink scorpion

Anonymous said...

I got a Gazelle for my animal research and I love writing about it

Anonymous said...

I LOVE GORILLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's my animal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Katherine